The Telephony Engineer is responsible for all onsite telephony design, implementation, and service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all telecommunications technology, to include: VoIP, traditional telecommunications systems, voicemail systems, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Telephony support relating to technical issues involving all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- VoIP and traditional telecommunications systems design and implementation at client locations.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of IP telephony servers, switches, routers, and gateways.
- Work with telecommunications carriers for ordering, installation, and troubleshooting of voice and data circuits.
- Resolve system alerts and notifications from the remote monitoring and management system through service tickets.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Documentation of systems to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service and project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review relevant publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In depth knowledge and expertise in VoIP protocols.
- Working knowledge of access network issues that impact VoIP performance as well as their measurement and analysis.
- Understanding of networks including cable modems, DSL, and wireless.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- IT or telephony experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
*Only local candidates need apply.
*The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.